Tuesday, October 9, 2007

First Day of School

My little boy started his first year of school this past month and it was so exciting. He couldn't wait to go and that made it a really great experience for him...and me! I used the SU! Primary Colors Simply Scrappin kit to make these pages. I added a few embellishments like eyelets and brads but the rest is all from the kit.
On this page I used some chipbaord arrows from American Crafts and some jumbo eyelets from SU! I used my crop-a-dile to set them. I LOVE that thing! I stopped using eyelets for so long because I didn't want use the hammer and wake up my kids! Now they are so easy to add to my pages and cards.
This page was inspired by sketch challenge SBSC105 on Splitcoast Stampers. I used jumbo brads to for the circle and did faux stitching in between each one. I stamped "excitment" with Best Friend Alpha from SU! in Real red ink. Did I mention how much Ilove SU!'s Primary Colors Simply Scrappin kit? hehe
This is one of my favorite pictures from his first day of school. After he hung up his backpack he turned around and looked in his classroom with these big wide eyes. He had been looking foward to this day all summer and he was finally there. I titled it "Here Goes Nothin' " because that is the first thought that came to my head when i saw the look on his face. A little overwhelmed but excited to go in. He's been in school over a month now and he just loves it.
I used a chipboard "H" and "G" then covered it with paper from the SS kit. I tied some ribbon on them to dress them up a bit. I stamped the rest of the letters with SU!'s Headline Alpha and REal red ink. Each page base is SU textured paper which I just LOVE!! That is all for now, thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Betty Jo said...

I like your blog. I have one too. I am just learning to put things on it. I guess you just play with it until you get it the way you want it to look. I enjoyed seeing you at Betty's.
http://stampersfirstlove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOve the pages! can't wait to finally play with this SS kit myself. You know I'll be casing from you..:)